DescriptionWorking Construction Superintendent
We are looking for a full time “working” superintendent. A construction superintendent is a person who plans and ensures the coordination of construction jobs on site. He or she will be responsible for the site and the work in progress. The job is to supervise the construction project and ensuring that the quality of work and materials is upheld. Additionally they must manage all of the trades and subcontractors hired for the job and insure that the budget and the tasks of the workers are followed as the plans specify. This person will supervise the workers and the progress of the project working with the assigned Project manager. As a working superintendent this person should have knowledge of all trades. Any skill in trades including Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, or Carpentry is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints
- Run a job start to finish using the assigned subcontractors and tradesmen.
- Follow a construction schedule to insure the project stays on time and budget.
- Attend pre-Bid meetings, construction meetings and or pre-site visits
- They will need to do the general inspection of the workers and their performance and safety on a daily basis.
- Report to the job each day and stay on the job until the end of each day.
- Maintain material delivery status, order and receive materials.
o 2 - 5 years of experience with a commercial general contractor a plus. Must have run commercial jobs and have understanding of blue prints.
o Hands on and management experience
o Some computer skills
o Experience with estimating
o Experience with tenant fits outs/renovations and restaurants
o Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
Location -Office: Alexandria, VA; work throughout metro area
Salary- Based on experience with bonus incentives.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications